Monday, October 6, 2014

10 Reasons why moving abroad fresh out of college alone will be an uphill battle

Hey guys, Karl here, back after lots of excuses as to why I'm not writing that often anymore. You may have heard that I've moved back to San Francisco, but to be honest, I'm not exactly having the greatest time of my life here. When you're alone, you have to battle that huge monster called loneliness all by yourself, and sometimes you lose sight of who you are during that battle.

I've complained about how hard it life here is compared to back home in the Philippines, made excuses that I'm trying my very best, but I don't think that's really happening. So I'm just gonna stop with the excuses, because all they're doing is making be anxious all the time, and instead of half-assing my way through everything, I might as well make do with what I have.

So let's get on with the post, Buzzfeed style (without gifs, because I'm too lazy to look for appropriate gifs)!

1. You will get homesick


2. You will miss your parents



3. Getting sick is the worst


4. Finding a job will be hard


5. Making new friends will be hard


6. You will get lost

7. You will miss the comfort of your home


8. Learning commute routes, and/or driving will be necessary


9. Meeting up with old friends/relatives might be awkward


10. You might forget what you really wanted to do.



Anyways, hopefully I'll get over all of these. I'll post something more positive when I get a better computer sometime this week. Because I miss my old battle station, and I need something to fill the empty void in my heart. Also this is the buzzfeed formula right? List, list list, something deep at the end that makes you question stuff. I would go into more detail, but this laptop freezes every 10 seconds, and I finished this post 40 minutes longer than necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment