Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Steam Sale: Japanese Indie Festival



Good early morning guys! It's like 1 AM here and lucky for you guys, I'm dedicated to looking for different sweet deals to give to you guys! So for this week, we have a special Steam Sale for everyone! It's Steam's Japanese Indie Festival, in celebration of the week of Summer Comiket! If you don't know already, the Summer Comiket is one of Japan's major expos regarding comics, mangas, and indie games. So here are the games tabulated!


To be honest, I'm a little peeved at the timing of this sale, because I bought 100% Orange Juice at full price, but it's still a sale nonetheless, and all of them are available for sale on Steam until August 19. So here are the games that I can suggest from personal experience:

  • Cherry Tree Comedy Club This is a cute little game that features a high school girl trying to recruit her friend, and some other people into joining a stand up comedy club. While it's not exactly one of the longest games, it's definitely enjoyable. You could say that this is a dating sim without the dating, but you're trying to befriend other characters in order to coerce them into your club. Definitely worth trying out at the very least.
  • 99 Spirits To be honest, I don't really recommend this game. The controls are iffy, and the fighting is... really bad. It's a game about a girl trying to defeat a monster that took her parents away from her. In order to get to that monster, she has to battle every day appliances. It's a word game... I don't really know how to describe it.
  • 100% Orange Juice Is a really great game. And if you don't get the name, it's called 100% RNG Chance. Really, this game is so RNG based it's completely balanced because of how everything enver goes in your favor. I'd call this a Mario Party that will not fail to piss you off or make you happy. I highly recommend it. You can either buy it on steam, or get it for 50 cents on the Groupee's build a bundle. I HIGHLY recommend this game.
  • One Way Heroics I love this game. I reviewed it before, but it's certainly worth the cash. It has lots of replayability and you're a hero that's trying to defeat a demon lord. Really, this game is a must try, or even a must buy. I've bought this game twice and I've given my extra copy to a friend. If you didn't know, it's also available on the Humble Bundle Weekly sale for a dollar (You'll also get 2 other games)
  • Vanguard Princess To be honest, I'm not really into fighters, but I'm told that if you're a fan of the BlazBlue series, you're going to like this. I own this game because it was part of a pack, but I never really understood how to play it. 
  • World End ECONOMiCA episode.01 This is a game I'm going to pick up, solely because it was made by the creators of Spice and Wolf. The art is pretty nice and the soundtrack is amazing. It's a visual novel, so it's heavily story based. Hopefully it's worth the purchase.
Anyways, I'll be off for now. There are so many sales, yet so little money. Hope you guys buy wisely!

UPDATE: I just purchased La-Mulana because apparently it's a smart game that you have to keep a pen and paper with you and it'll also make you feel stupid. I've been told that if a tablet tells you to not read it twice, don't read it twice. Interesting premise, I'll make a review of this when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment