Thursday, August 21, 2014

Rise of the Tomb Raider 'exclusive' to Xbox One?

Hey guys! Joshua here. Just posting my reactions on Microsoft announcing that Rise of the Tomb Raider as an Xbox One 'exclusive'.


I've seen a lot of videos and posts expressing their dismay about the announcement during Gamescom 2014 that Rise of the Tomb Raider is to be an Xbox One 'exclusive'. People were like: "But I saw the cover of the game during the Sony press conference?!" or "I pre-ordered this during E3 only to find out a few months later that it's gonna be on Xbox One only? Ridiculous.". To clear the air, Rise of the Tomb Raider WILL BE RELEASED on other platforms as well but there is yet to be an announcement about a timetable for the release on the PS4 an PC.

Now for my two cents. I personally believe that this was (and still is) a bad choice not only on the part of Microsoft but also Square Enix. Why? Because they cut out two of the bigger platforms (PC and PS4). I honestly don't know what they talked about or what ridiculous number Microsoft gave Square Enix to have them release it only on Holiday 2015 ONLY for Xbox One. I mean, if they're after sales of the Xbox One, just keep chugging on. Its not like they're gonna go out of business that quick. I mean they have Forza! A really awesome racing game that doesn't only feature amazing graphics and a wide array of cars but also the depth of detail they put into the cars and the environments and even the car meets and whatnot. They also have the 'First-to-console' indie titles which would also rack up sales.

I just watched the IGN video about their reactions on this as well. They say that there are a lot of people that own PCs and PS4s that have already cancelled their pre-orders of the game because of the sheer dismay of having to wait longer just to play the game.

Being a PC owner, I really am disappointed about their choice. The flame might die out once it's released and sales might not be as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment